Top Ten Reasons the Mapleton police car might be seen outside the city limits!
10. Meet with a judge to have them sign a search warrant.
9. Serve a search warrant on a financial institution.
8. Pick up a completed/signed subpoena at the Blue Earth County Attorney's Office.
7. To interview a victim or suspect. (Not all victims and suspects live in Mapleton)
6. To meet another law enforcement agency with an arrested person that has a warrant in their jurisdiction.
5. To transport an arrested person to the Blue Earth County Jail.
4. To meet with another law enforcement agency to exchange reports, documents, evidence, equipment, etc.
3. Continuing Education. There is a required number of training hours per officers to renew peace officer license by State of Minnesota.
2. Assist other law enforcement agencies on a call for service including K-9 Assist.
1. Paperwork and Evidence to the Blue Earth County Justice Center and sign criminal complaints in the county attorneys office .
(There may be other miscellaneous reasons)